Tuesday, June 22, 2010

woah. i think my random thought dump really helped me LOADS. I'm able to land almost perfect 360degs wushu-style tornado kicks on both legs!

I asked coaches eugene and kim yong for their opinion on them and they said that they're improved! of course i was really elated and was high throughout. :D

*warning, chain of thoughts. might be boring*
They're 'pop' tornadoes as i did it from stand; not from a run or a huge takeoff.
I started to think of it as a spin with my leg sticking out when i landed my left-legged lotus kicks. i noticed my right leg in the lotuses was just spinning on the spot, like a straight rotating stick, and i remembered how yi keng does his tornadoes, his left leg spins the same.

it is merely a spin with your right leg sticking out

for a very long time i thought of tornadoes as a huge sequence of events in coordination and more of a KICK than a spin. really, there was no/little force needed in the kick. wonderful how a different approach can solve a problem just like *snaps* that.

I also landed 2 btwists on carpet and crashed one on the rubber floor in the sports hall! reason i crashed was.. i guess the rubber floor itself, conflict with my rubber soles of the shoes. two more landings to my muscle memory! that's a total of 9! great! just another 1491 more and i can do them in my sleep! :D

yaaaayyy!! :DDDD

No comments:

Post a Comment