Friday, April 3, 2009

Today, and the many Yesterdays. :]

I know I haven't updated this blog for the past week or so. DON'T WORRY I WON'T GIVE YOU THE FULL DETAILS 7+ DAYS WORTH OF EVENTS INTO ONE ENTRY(We all know 1 entry = 1 day, and we all know how loooooooooong a day is for me.xD) I HAVE A LIFE. Mind, I don't even remember what I ate last night.. Oh yeah, my dad's fish head curry. Scrummy! ^_^

Okay, Friday. Today(To my future self reading this, that day where you finally ate at BK for the past two weeks you've been craving for when you saw that coupon paper thing they always send in mail.). Nah I'll start with the more eventful events few days back. :] If I can remember.

Last Saturday and Sunday: Went out with parents in the morning to MacRitchie Nature Reserve and The Botanical Gardens respectively, which was kinda awkward as we usually don't do such things..

Last Monday: Dad woke me up at 9 in the morn. 'Come, come', he said secretively. I got up and followed him to his room. Very groggily, I asked 'what..? ..zz..'. He then said with much enthusiasm 'Come, dad take you go fishing'. ¬_¬ I thought it was something of great importance as by the tone of his voice, it sounded urgent and to be prioritized.
'Aiya dun wan laaaaa ..zz..' and I went back
'Want la..'
It was silent after that, and I heard the door shut.. I sincerely hope I didn't hurt his feelings or anything as I value the time spent (or will spend) with him, just that I really wanted sleep then. )':
He then came home with the catch and then I don't remember much. I must be on the computer then.

Tuesday: Nothing of significance. Moving on...

Wednesday: Went out with Felix to shop for his new clothes in Queensway Shopping Centre. As usual, places that aren't too far, I always walked. I was wearing my navy blue shirt with a red Nike logo across. I reached there sweating like I ran 2.4. Felix reached shortly after. We walked round and round the place till he made up his mind. He bought a pair of sneakers (which I so totally won't; running shoes are the best ;D) and a pair of 'super soft' jeans. The guy whom Felix patronised from, told us about his adventures of the research-for-the-perfect-pair-of-jeans-that-everyone-would-buy in lands faraway. NO, he did NOT travel by camel over the Silk Route. Nor was he a travelling merchant with a mule-pulled cart showing off his wares in Queensway Shopping Centre. I agree to a certain extent that its good of him to share his experiences and promote good customer relations, but I think he over did it.. I even felt a tinge of impatience as he was talking.. thats so unlike me. ):
We then ate at Koufu situated in Anchorpoint. Bought this rice set from this China mainlanders' shop. The food was really.. quantity > quality. Although I always preferred quantity than quality, this one is Seriously unpalatable. After eating, we heard a loud 'BOOM' from the shop. Felix said it was a gas explosion, but I debated it shouldn't be, as we learnt in the Civil Defence course or something similar that an LPG would cause an 8km blast radius. So we and the people of Anchorage would be dead already.. I foolishly, yet seriously wondered whether we were experiencing afterlife.. haha..
I then went back to Clementi Woods Secondary School to collect my O levels cert. I read the testimony and was confused whether I should feel all good or not. Was also wondering whether were the teachers made to write to make the student sound outstanding so it'll uphold the school's reputation, or was it from the bottom of their hearts..
As I was reading, I reminisced the good times I had in my secondary school days. Kinda made me feel old and tomorrow would be the last page of the book. I then walked with Mr Chua, talking about what I did over the holidays, had a few laughs and we parted ways.
I then went home to find my sister all emo-y and doing housework (?) Seriously what Is up?

Thursday: Wow, wasn't the last one long? :D I'm such a liar. I always break my promise not to make my entries long and look at this! Haha..
Dad was off again. Was on the computer till in the noon, when he suggested we all (my sis, him and myself) go out. We went to Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve to enjoy nature. There happened to be a fieldtrip for some primary school for Indonesians as the kids were all speaking in bahasa indo.. O_o Watched the monitor lizards there swimming lazily in the water.. came across a dead one, washed up to shore. The funny thing was, the guy that lead the group was like 'And look! theres a huge monitor lizard!'. I doubt he knows its dead. Like dead massive animals are a treat to the eyes of the young and inexperienced..
Walked some more.. pointed and discussed over things not seen in the modern everyday life. Dad told us about his kampung life when he was a kid. He then plucked this leaf on the side of the trail, tore the blades slightly and pulled them between his fingers, which launched the stalk forward, flying like an arrow. The kampung lifestyle amuses me.
We then went home afterwards and he made his fish head curry, as stated at the start.

Today, Friday: Went out in the afternoon with Felix, Sherlyn, Harjeet and Izzuddin to collect their certs. Felix and I were then dragged to Clementi Sports Stadium as the student population were there having their sports day. Said hi to a couple of teachers. Took some pictures (again..).
We then went to BK @ Holland V without Harjeet as her being is needed elsewhere. Changed my RM to SGD as I was running short of liquidity. Speaking about money changers.. MAN I Swear, do India mainlanders think money-changing a good career option?! ALL the money changers I've been to ARE run by balding Indian men with hair growing in the wrong places! In and On their ears, and ON their nose, not just In! I asked the man twice what were the rates, and he snatched the RM50 from me and gave me SGD20. Then he gave me the generic Indian reply 'Twenty dollars', with the perfect accent and head shake! Haha!! I felt cheated of money as to what the man did.. But I calculated ten minutes ago, that it was about correct.. Good. ):<
Got myself a Double Whopper + cheese with onion rings and sprite upsized.
I want more.
Bid them goodbye, had a few hugs and went home from the MRT station.
Searched 'CCAB Gymnastics' on the net and came across a girl's blog who's a ballet dancer (I think?). Asked her for information about the place on the tag board and dearly hopes she reads it AS I'M DESPERATE TO FIND A SAFE PLACE TO GO TRICKING. I'm finally getting leads to gymnastics access in Singapore! Wish me luck! :D

Aaaanndd here I am writing this very sentence, groaning as the very noisy cockatoos squawked about.. T~T hope they leave soon, I don't want to sleep with them chatting.

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment