Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Languages.

This is not related to the English™ publications in almost any way.

This post is about my plans to learn and/or master different languages.





Oh, dear. Wasn't supposed to say that. :l

Right, so.. they are:

Japanese
Bahasa Melayu
French
And my Chinese.



Jap -
I've already started on it three years back. Today, I can only speak simple Jap as resources on the net aren't quite reliable, and also it's just my laziness on my part.


Bahasa -
Would be useful when I go back to my home country some time in the future.
Would be easier to communicate with the locals.
I can sort of protect myself, like having them thinking I'm local and not Singaporean, I won't be mugged or something.
Being Malaysian, I should learn to speak Malay.
Make out more or less what my Indo friends are talking about sometimes.


French -
It's a cool and romantic language.
I find it 'Gothic', due to history and all that.


Chinese -
I'm a Chinese, race wise. I should know my own mother tongue.



I'll take this as a challenge. Results would show that whether I'm really linguistically inclined or not, as I feel that my English is rather.. okay.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment