Note: The author does not possess a Masters in the Language of English, so if you feel that the author is wrong about blah, blah or blah, please use the comment thinger to point out to him. He is after all, a student, and ought to be learning. He thanks you for your understanding (of his big headedness).
You HAVE a meal, you DON'T eat a meal!
I was playing on Garena and saw this
[13:23:15]
[13:23:17]
[13:23:20]
...
.....
...
[13:24:23]
It's really retarded.
You HAAAAAVVVVEE your breakfast/lunch/dinner, not eat breakfast/lunch/dinner.
'Have you had your breakfast/lunch/dinner?'
'No, I'm going to go grab some breakfast/lunch/dinner right now'
It's a mistake too common. Even teachers are making it, though I'm not very sure about 'Have you eaten your breakfast/lunch/dinner yet?'
The other thing is, I find using numbers and han yu ping ying mixed with english Annoying!
It's just so... *Insert word to describe that indescribable annoying feeling, but beyond here*.
why do they use 'liao' or 'le' instead of 'already'?!
i know it's 'uniquely Singapore/Malaysia' but i feel that they should limit its usage to friends. Mind, I don't even use that much of it when i'm talking to friends.
The most i use are 'la', 'meh' and an array of sounds made during speech.
confusion: huh?
greater confusion: HUH?
Astonishment: HUH?!
In the process of thought: hmm.., ah.., er..,
Greater thought: uh..
Whine: harh...
Agreement: Ah.., Arh.., uh huh
Sarcastic disbelief: Uh.. huh.., Unh.. huh..
Thats all folk's, for this *week's/month's* edition! Tune in next time (which I don't know when), for moooooore Eeeenglish!!!!
Good Night...
Afternoon
No comments:
Post a Comment