Friday, June 17, 2011

It's been shit long since I've posted anything, mainly because i really didn't feel the need to. I Had someone to confide in for a short while. keyword: had. the other reason being that, well.. no one to read my blog posts and empathize with me, and a blog doesn't do that either. Sigh.

Sometimes I feel that in most close friendships, I'm the one who always have to compromise, and give way. always the one putting my pride aside to save the friendship. I've lost a close friend in secondary school because I wanted to go my own way. Actually, I don't really remember what we quarreled over, instead, I only remember the good times. I feel quite indebted to him, for those good times. That being said, I always feel that I'm the one always taking advantage of my friend, whether for real or not. I never seem to count the good things I do for my friends, yet I count the ones they do to me, hence, I owe them. Is it good to think this way? :l Don't know is it called thick skinned to even realize this.

I feel insignificant compared to my friends and seniors. Whenever I listen to their stories, be it an arc of events or just something over the weekend, I wish I was the one saying that instead. Like to just awe and inspire people like how they inspire me. That sense of enlightenment I feel when I think about the way my Ex-President does things, how come I'm not as good as her? Why am I so lazy and.. just not as great? Or.. say in an adventure camp. How the camp chiefs, group leaders etc. are so domineering and I seem to feel an aura of greatness around them. When I think about me, especially now since I'm President of my club, I just feel lousy. I feel that I'm a joke and am just struggling to perform duty. Even in my friends, I feel that most of them are better than me. If it's not grades (which is very unlikely), then it's financially or the way they do things or simply just a trait they have which I find commendable.

I admire my friends who can get a part time job and study at the same time. Okay, maybe they don't have commitment like I do, but I doubt I'll be doing likewise even if i didn't have commitment. Is this low self-esteem? I'm just very uncertain of myself.

Sigh. God help me. :l

2 comments:

  1. hi joel.yi keng here. i feel the same for the part you lost a close sec sch friend. i can't rmb what good i done for him too. but i know he did me many good before. i just feel that, i need to be respected for my abilities and for my existence. i don't like people saying ''yeah,it's like this one.it'll be alright.OH YA! you're right.the other is wrong'' you can ask and talk about your happenings and give such lame replies about my life. everyone of us can awe people. it all begin with a try.hmmm,after reading this post about you,i felt some similarity in us about what we want ina friendship.haha. anyway,i'm always there as your friend to talk to :)

    ReplyDelete