I then went to bathe and after that, I got dressed in my going-out clothes. I later found my sister in my room trying to access my laptop. Of course she didn't know the password. I lied on my bed and watch her try hacking into my laptop. She pleaded me for the password as I told her childishly with an annoying sing-song tune 'I don't tell you~~ Haha~~ wha' choo gonna do?', and even made faces. She then told me she even tried passwords that she think I would use. Stuff like 'I don't tell you', 'I don't know', 'Bet you don't know', 'Haha you don't know and I know' and 'password' were just a few of them. I DID consider 'Haha you don't know and I know'.. seriosuly. I went back to a shallow slumber as my dad was making noise.
When I couldn't take the 'WAKE UP LOH~~~'s anymore, I just asked him with my lids over my eyes 'Why (do we) need (to) wake up?? ..zz.. = ='. I wasn't even speaking in my normal English then as I was too tired to process all that information. Then he said we were going to the ICA building to do my citizenship stuff. We got out of the house and I was in a fit of uncontrolled laughter as I just remembered my sister tried the silly passwords she thought I would really put.. the fool.
Ah citizenship.. My dad wants me to turn Singaporean. D:. I DON'T WANT TO BE SINGAPOREAN!! I wanna stay as a Singapore PR Malaysian.. ):
Well, not that there's anything wrong being a Singaporean, but being Singaporean means I have to surrender my Malaysian identity.
1. And thats the only thing that makes me feel that I belong to Malaysia. Taking away my citizenship is like cutting the thin thread that carries the heavy sense of belonging to Malaysia. (That very heavy sense then falls into oblivion.) My extended family would be one. My grans.. aunts and unks.. I Love them all. The other is a friend dear to me. I would say she's my best girl-friend (girl-friend =/= girlfriend). They're the two main reasons why I wanna keep my citizenship. T~T
2. Having my Malaysian identity also means I'm different from the locals! :D Everyone around has a pink Identity Card whereas I possess a blue one! Yeah, it kinda makes me feel like I'm not 'in the crowd' and I know it better than anyone of you here; I don't like to have anything to do with 'Majority'. It makes me feel unique and keeps my sense of self.. in some ..way? Haha.. xD
3. 'Singaporean'. The word makes me think of 'cheap skate' and 'greed'. Or in other words that isn't English: Kiasu. Yes, the word makes me think of annoying gossiping aunties with MEGA stereotypical mindsets and are apt to accuse, then spread rumors.. ¬_¬
READ THIS ---> I KNOW MOST SINGAPOREANS ARE NOT AS MENTIONED. I HAVE COME TO KNOW MANY DECENT SINGAPOREANS AND ARE SOME OF MY CLOSER, IF NOT, CLOSEST FRIENDS(Though I think I have more foreign..?). IT IS MERELY MY STEREOTYPICAL MINDSET THAT
4. Probably the other minor reason why I don't wanna lose my Malaysian identity is because I have lived there in my early childhood and its my dear Grandmother and father that took care of me. I was only four, then I came to live with my parents here, in Singapore. I can vaguely remember the times I had with my grandparents. There would be a small white truck carrying biscuits and tit bits, come around ten in the night of every certain day, and my grandmother always bought a pack of biscuits called in Khek(or Hakka '客家', my dialect group), 'Tut qi biang', or belly-button biscuits. These are round bite-sized biscuits with drop of hardened coloured sugar on it and they were my favourite then. ^_^ Then my grandfather would sometimes take me out in his white-now-yellowed van in the morning to have breakfast with him in the local market. Then there are my ever so lovable aunts... I had a godfather then would take me out to the arcade and buy me toys whenever I visited him at night. Oh.. the good times. )':
5. Aren't there a lot of reasons? Haha.. YES, there are. ¬_¬ Now what was it again..? Oh yes. I think, and am pretty sure that nowadays, Singaporean kids are sissies, nancy-boys or similar. I think that Singapore is TOO CLEAN a place to live in, especially for children. No wonder children are falling ill so easily! I, unlike them, have lived in Malaysia and thats where I got my strong immunity to the more common illnesses. I think I have malaria/dengue immunity as I was told I had contracted it, whichever it was, when I was younger, I don't remember when though..
I am sure that if you have two children, one living in Singapore all his life and the other, like me, live in a less developed country(as compared to Singapore) and move to Singapore and have them both thrown in a jungle, the second child will survive longer. Think of it like a fair scientific test.
Singaporean parents and kids are just too whiny and noisy..
The parents are too worrisome
6. There are none. Currently.
Okay back to where I should be. So we went to the ICA building and up to the sixth storey. My dad then went in for the interview on my behalf as stated he should as only applicants can only be 21 years of age and above.
After that, we went to the Giant supermarket located in the north-eastern area, Tampines? We then went in and took this excruciatingly long escalator ride. It was the flat-surfaced escalator thinger meant for shopping carts. From the car to the end of the escalator, it took about 5 minutes as I used a song I was listening to to calculate. Would have been faster if that Inconsiderate man in front of us had got out of the way, which he easily could.
We then went to have lunch. We sat down on the seats and discussed. 'So what you (all) want to eat?', came the voice of my dad. I looked around and spotted a western food stall as I had a sudden craving for huge cuts of meat then. 'Western food. I very long haven't eat western food.', I said with a smile and raised brows. Yes, 'I very long haven't eat western food.' is merely an excuse.
I then went ahead with $10 in my fist. I called for this.. spaghetti chicken chop thing that costs $5.50! The proportion did not balance with the amount. Then I asked the server to add fries and coleslaw, with additional charge of $2. I had a hearty meal ^_^. (Thats not a mole)
We then went into the Giant supermarket, which was actually More than a supermarket. Okay, so there's your supermarket stuff in a corner, then you have a toys section.. then you have your Sports section with bikes and skates... then you have your Clothes section AND you have your ELECTRONICS section! They actually sell LG plasmas there. Are there called megamarkets.. ultramarkets..? Hahaha.. I left the place with a pack of Energizer batteries for my wireless mouse.
So after that.. well there's not much to say anymore. HAHAHA!! xD
Just went home, bathed and caught up with a friend named 'Sleep'. Bought a bottle of soya sauce for my dad as he ran out in the midst of cooking. Came back with it and watch him stir fry some veg and turned on laptop. yada yada same old same old. And here I am! Typing this very sentence.
Good Night! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment