Friday, September 18, 2009

I'm a lumberjoe!

Thursday.

Dad brought me back to Malaysia, to our house in Kulai, JB.

As usual, the garden is less of a garden and more of a forest/jungle. The species of plants there is diverse, for a first. There was a

- Chiku tree
- Jambu tree
- Mangosteen tree
- Mango tree
and a Chempedak tree (I think it's spelt this way)
And various other grass/weeds
At one point, we even found a watermelon growing there..
Intriguing

A Chempedak looks and tastes pretty much like a Jackfruit.

And as usual the, grounds were always littered thanks to our inconsiderate 'neighbours', but I was totally WTF-ed when I saw some porn CDs lying somewhere near the Jambu tree. I guess those stupid people thought they could 'destroy' the evidence as they flung it from their filthy hands. I used them like frisbees and tossed them as far as I could, hoping that whoever threw them here will see it again and panic or something. One even hit a 'hump ahead' road sign some 20m away! (Score!)

Sadly, Dad wants the Jambu tree to be removed cos 'the roots will destroy the house eventually'.
The Jambu tree stood 5m tall.. somewhere there.

I felt really awful inside as I took the saws and a cleaver to its branches..
(Didn't really think a cleaver doubled as an axe. Well, it IS a short-handled, longer-bladed axe!)

Cutting it's fat, main branches were tough work.
Had to cut off some smaller branches inside so I won't have bird-shit strewn leaves staring in my face as I worked.

While sawing/chopping on the branches, I thought about the long time it took for the tree to reach this height. Its thick, heavy branches were the evidence of the quick passing of time. I bet it would tell a very long story, should it be able to talk. :'(

And after all these years of growing, it just went down in a day. :'((

After the falling it, only the trunk stood, branchless and almost leafless. I guess new branches will spawn from those attached twigs.. but that's gonna take a freaking long time, and I preferred the tree to be there. It blocked the the view of the road on the outside and gave a rather cooling and/or soothing feel when it was around.

I took knives from the house and started throwing at it.. hehe

Though after cutting the tree, I felt a little 'special' though.
How many people have you met cut a down a tree before?

Washington and the Cherry tree
Joel and the Jambu tree

We then came back to Singapore. Hmm.. would 'back' be appropriate?

On the way back, we saw a crashed Proton Waja. Evidently, it hit a tree as its front was squashed in
and the tree fell.
...
.......

No comments:

Post a Comment